I love pinterest. My favourite thing about pinterest is finding DIY activities and ideas from all kinds of sources that I wouldn’t otherwise come across. Most of the activities that I do with Cameron and Lucy are inspired by or a variation of something I’ve seen on one of my favourite blogs or pinterest.
Lucy thoroughly enjoys repetitive and structured activities. She will choose an activity over a toy most times. I have watched lately that she is gaining more control and think that these activities will be a good fit:
There are many blogs and blog posts out there that share some great Montessori inspired toddler activities, toys and environments. Here are some of my favourites:
- Vibrant Wanderings posts on practical life with a toddler and animals
- Deb always has an incredible amount of info/inspiration at Living Montessori Now; & her toddler environment post is a great example of that.
- How we Montessori has many great toddler ideas and photos in her 13-17 month tag & 18 month+ tag
- A range of easy, mostly DIY Montessori-inspired tot activities at We Can Do All Things
- Smiling Like Sunshine’s toddler activities parts one, two, three, four and five
- The toddler section at Three Oaks
- Montessori Nature‘s post of activities and games for toddlers
- Carrots are Orange has a great post on sensory activity with toddlers.
What activities does (or did) your toddler love to do?
I often share at these great linkys.